Get Me to That Perfect Cup of Coffee-STAT.


My search for the BoDo replacement coffee continues. So far, the summer of 2010 has yet to  bring me anything like the perfect cup of coffee that I live a mere five minutes away from  during the school year. Boston Donuts, (the timeless “BoDo” establishment on Park Ave in  Worcester, Mass) still has my heart, as far as coffee goes. It was there that I tried my very first  coffee with cream AND sugar. Before walking through the door of Boston Donuts, sugar had  never made it into my daily cup of coffee, iced or hot. I guess you could say I just wasn’t ever up  for a change.
Until that day.
“You don’t get sugar in your coffee? Just cream?” I never really thought about adding sugar to  my coffee until my friends at school started noticing when I asked for “cream only.” Hazelnut  coffee with cream only. It was my usual. I had rarely strayed.
And then, I saw it: the board of flavors, hanging neatly above the bagels at Boston Donuts.  Coconut Hazelnut, Snickers, Pistachio, Pumpkin Spice, Mocha Cinnamon Swirl, Caramel Nut Crunch, etc etc etc. I could make a game out of remembering all the different kinds of coffee at Boston Donuts. But it would just make me drool.
It took me a while to decide what I wanted. Naturally, I came back to Hazelnut, unable to resist the unfamiliar. While one of my best friends ordered (Medium Pistachio with cream and sugar), I had an inward debate with myself. Cream? Cream and Sugar? Milk? No, I hate milk in my coffee. Cream. Definitely the cream, but what about the sugar? This happens to me every time I am about to make a decision, the back and forth dialogue, from coffee to clothes to movies. I suppose in the end it was a last minute decision, but I went for the sugar.
Maybe it’s weird to relate life to a cup of coffee, but I can’t help it. I can’t help but think that my search for the perfect cup of sweet and creamy coffee is all too similar to my search for the important things in life. Maybe I need to try new things and not think about it so much. Maybe I should add a little sugar to things once and a while, order a Pumpkin Spice and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being here :) Let me know your thoughts, I love to hear you from you & see what you've got say!