End It Like Jazz


You know the feeling you get when you listen to smooth jazz—the long, sultry drawl of Etta Jones with the piano lingering in the background, or the velvety voice of Lois Armstrong? It’s like a really good cup of coffee. Or a quiet sea breeze whisking your locks around in the air. It makes you feel content and makes you want to

s   l   o   w     d   o   w   n  .

Summer arrived two months ago and will be packing up in about three weeks or so. I’ll be pleased to see the season’s heat & humidity go, but I’ll more than miss the lazy mood and bright evenings that comes along with these three short months.  I hope miss summer gives mr. fall the “go ahead, it’s your turn” high five as they pass each other to switch places—I’d rather not like this fall to be summer part II, if you know what I mean. 

I’m saying good-bye to summer early, rushing her out the door at the end of this extended dinner party, because I’ve got a lot of cleaning up to do before fall gets home.

Trust me when I say you won’t even want to see a little bit of my to-do lists this fall. 


8 comments:

  1. Hmmm ... I think we should trade places. I want summer to stay as long as possible, but we're already getting what feels like October here. :)

    So whats on that long to-do list?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those "slow down" moments. I'm ready for Fall too and to say goodbye to the heat and humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written. I couldn't have said it better. Love those long summer evenings. And then the hint of crisp air that starts to flirt around the edges of the days as they wind into fall. I will miss that now that I live back down south. I will have to settle for living vicariously through your blog experience of it instead :)

    To do lists...so much fun :)

    Jeanine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so adorable!! I love your blog!
    New follower!!
    xoxo
    http://elisemn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for Fall to arrive!
    Would love you to check out my latest outfit post :)
    Have a fab Sunday Hun xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. the seasons change so fast, don't they?! I started using the word "bluebs" and my husband hated it. ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being here :) Let me know your thoughts, I love to hear you from you & see what you've got say!